Linear and Lateral Mobility
- ASP Chain Handcuffs provide a major advance in both the design and construction of wrist restraints.
- Frame geometry is the result of extensive computer modeling and simulation analysis.
- Strength potential has been maximized through use of an interlocking, unitized frame.
- The cuff structure is forged from high strength stainless steel on custom built, high speed, progressive dies.
- Each restraint is then over molded with ordnance grade polymer under 75 tons of pressure.
- The Lock Assembly is unitized and replaceable.
Chain Handcuff Series
- ASP Chain Handcuffs were designed in the field. Input came from officers and instructors in over 80 nations where ASP currently conducts training. As a result, this ASP design incorporates the practical features most requested by officers on the street.
- A stainless steel handcuff that weighs less than standard designs.
- Chain cuffs are flexible and more easily applied during a confrontation.
- A flat contact bow improves application.
- Complex keyhole up training procedures are no longer necessary. There is a keyway and double lock slot on each side of each restraint.
- A double lock warning bar is readily visible.
- Both double and single locks are released by turning the key in a single direction .
- The frame geometry, deep set teeth and precision smooth action eliminate the need for back-loading.
- Lock Assemblies are readily replaced.